Sunday 17 September 2017

Guilty your honour.



I almost always indulge in a little light fingered pilfering when I'm on holiday. 
A teaspoon from Pastis in New York, a napkin from the Beverly Hills Hotel, a full bound and tasseled menu from Laduree in Rome, several flannels from the Ralph Lauren restaurant in Paris and one time I tried every which way to get a dinner plate with nice type on it, under Nigel's coat in Barcelona. So when Jamie's crew brought the 2 napkins out last night, I went into immediate acquisition mode. Nigel is always the mule in these situations - so that if we're caught, I can give him a filthy look and give the manager my 'he's got chronic kleptomania - and when it gets really bad - he takes something for it. However in this instance - by the time we'd shared a Caprese and I'd ingested a full plate of Genaro's ragu - I'd come to realise that one stinkin' napkin is good for nothing and so we left with me planning to revisit Jamie's in London - at least 4 times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment